Y’all know I love to travel. If I go a little over a month without leaving good ole Chattanooga, I’m itching for a getaway. To travel so much, I did not have great luggage. As soon as we were engaged, I know luggage would be at the top of my registry.
In the past, I always thought.. ‘Why would I spend money on boxes carrying my clothes? I would much rather spend that money on the items inside or the location I’m headed to’. Big mistake.
Now that I’ve seen the other side of traveling, I could never go back. Nice luggage makes traveling so much more enjoyable. A couple of weeks ago I was traveling to Florida and meeting my family there, meaning I had to navigate two airports sans RJ (aka my luggage sherpa).
I would have felt insanely silly checking a bag for a weekend trip, so I packed up my carry on bag & my never full and headed to the airport. Having 4 wheels on my carry on, meant I could place my very full, never full LV on top and easily walk through the airport and even push it right down the airplane aisle to my seat. I was in heaven.
I promise, you will never regret having nice luggage. If I could go back in time and buy this set sooner, I would 100% would. Especially once you see the price tag on this set, it’s such a steal for amazing quality & good looking luggage!
Now if you’re anything like me, you always struggle with your travel outfit. You want to find the perfect balance of comfort and chic, especially if you’re exploring the new city as soon as you arrive.
Lemme break it down for ya.
Lips Sequin Tee *4 Different Sequin Designs // Under $20 and so comfy. Plus what’s cuter than a sassy pair of lips! I love sequin tees or graphic tees for airports (or everyday who am I kidding?) because they are a ‘put together look’ without having to worry about jewelry –which is SO annoying to take off in security.
Drawstring Denim Shorts *On Sale // Once again.. I reach for comfort and cute. The softest denim mixed with a drawstring waist is a winner in my book. These are great for throwing on in the summer as well, running errands or a patio lunch.
Stripe Pullover (Sold Out) Similar, Similar *On Sale // I always get cold on planes! No matter where I’m headed, I need a jacket (or two) for the ride. I love this stripe pullover, over a plain pullover, is because stripes add character with no effort.
Nike Free Flyknit Tennies *6 Colors // I need new tennis shoes for a while now and I fell in love with these immediately. They are bright, cute, fun and comfortable. They’re also great to run in or run errands in. I have them, my sister has them, my best friend has them, my MelMama has them.. everyone loves them!
DVF Luggage *2 Colors // Rj and I each have the 20″ (seen in the pictures above) and then we have a 28″ bag that we share. I’m an overpack-er but I still had room left in my suitcase last trip. I cannot express how much I love these bags + they’re gorgeous!
Now, I know the question on your mind.. What to pack?! With Summer right around the corner, you most likely are headed somewhere tropical or just looking to stock up your closet to create a little paradise right here at home. These are a few of my “staple” pieces I think every gal needs this year (Also, more of these are currently on my wish list!)
1. One Shoulder Dress // This dress speaks for itself. Fun and flattering. Perfect if you’re dreaming of (or faking) a tropical getaway! Ole!
2. Flamingo Summer Scarf *Two Colors // Great to throw over a tee, dress or on the plane for extra warmth.
3. Basic Tee *8 Colors // A great tee is needed in every wardrobe. This one comes in under $20, so stock up on every color!
4. Floppy Hat *3 Colors, On Sale // Grab a cocktail and let your inner Diva shine! Great for the added SPF, too.
5. Scallop Shorts // The scallops add a fun twist on the basic shorts! Great for dressing up or down.
6. Wrap Around Floral Bikini *Size Up! // I recently bought this top, it’s SO adorable but be sure to size up. I had to exchange mine for the next size up.
7. Off the Shoulder Lace Up Bikini // I don’t think I’ve ever loved a bikini more.. Off the shoulder, lace up, floral.. be still my heart!
8. Basic Midi Dress *Two Colors // Comfy + Chic, can be dressed up or down. Perfect to pack and get multiple use out of!
9. Rose Gold Sunnies // These are definitely on my wish list. I love the rose gold for summer and the fun shape!
10. Toucan Float *On Sale // This float will be the center of every pool party this summer! I love fun pool floats.
11. Mobile Charger // If you’re traveling all day and don’t want to worry about heading back to the hotel to recharge your phone, this is a necessity. I always take it on my trips and it is so nice! You are able to Snapchat, navigate the city, Instagram and text your friends morning to night without a dead battery.
12. Flatforms *3 Colors // These are at the very top of my wish list, they were just restocked so grab them while you can! All the great benefits of a heel, but more comfort than a wedge since it’s technically no incline on your foot. Wear these from day to night!
13. Tory Burch Espadrilles *On Sale // TB is classic and anytime it goes on sale, it sells out fast! These are perfect for any setting this Summer.
14. Tote Bag *3 Colors // A tote is great, especially when you’re flying somewhere. You can back a crossbody inside with your laptop, wallet, make up, etc. This one is gorgeous and under $100.
15. Tory Burch Crossbody *3 Colors, On Sale // A cross body bag is great for exploring! You can keep your necessities in your bag and stay hands free. This one is classic and on sale!
16. White Fringe Cross body // Also on my wish list! I love this bag for Summer.
So now you have all the dirty details of what to pack and what to wear, all we have to do is decide where to go next! I hope you have a spicy Cinco de Mayo.. if you missed it I shared a super easy Margarita recipe yesterday. XO,
Lips Sequin Tee *4 Different Sequin Designs // Drawstring Denim Shorts *On Sale // Stripe Pullover (Sold Out) Similar, Similar *On Sale // Nike Free Flyknit Tennies *6 Colors // DVF Luggage *2 Colors // His & Hers Duffles //
One Shoulder Dress // Flamingo Summer Scarf *Two Colors // Basic Tee *8 Colors // Floppy Hat *3 Colors, On Sale // Scallop Shorts // Wrap Around Floral Bikini *Size Up! // Off the Shoulder Lace Up Bikini // Basic Midi Dress *Two Colors // Rose Gold Sunnies // Toucan Float *On Sale // Mobile Charger // Flatforms *3 Colors // Tory Burch Espadrilles *On Sale // Tote Bag *3 Colors // Tory Burch Crossbody *3 Colors, On Sale // White Fringe Cross body //