I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a million times. Mexican food is life. If you don’t agree this blog may not be for you.. just kidding 😜. I think my ultimate goal in life is to find all the skinny-ish, healthy-ish Mexican food hacks so we can keep on eatin’ y’all!
Today I’ve cracked another one. One of my favorite dishes when I go to a place like Chipotle is a burrito bowl. (Dos Bros is my favorite Chipotle-Like place in Chattanooga. If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s SO good.) I love ordering a burrito bowl- rice, beans, meat and all the delicious Mexican toppings. To create an at home, healthier version I use cauliflower rice and ground turkey.
Watch out y’all, this one skillet masterpiece is about to have you hooked!
I N G R E D I E N T S
For the Meat:
1 Pack of Ground Turkey
3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin
4 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 Teaspoons Paprika
2 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Cup or Water
For the Skillet:
1 Bag of Cauliflower Rice (Frozen, Ok)
1/4 Cup of Cheese
Diced Red Pepper
1 Can of Rotel Tomatoes (Drained)
Black Beans (Drained)
D I R E C T I O N S
1. In a large skillet, brown ground turkey
2. Once browned, reduce to low and in one spot** add everything but the water, do not stir
3. Slowly add in the water, stirring to combine everything
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes
5. Remove ground turkey from skillet and add cauliflower rice
6. Once cauliflower rice is almost cooked, add in ground turkey, beans, rotel tomatoes, corn, whatever you choose except salsa, cheese or avocado
7. Cook on low for 5-7 more minutes until rice is slightly browned. Add in cheese.
8. Let cheese melt, top with salsa, avocado and cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!
There’s so many possibilities for this skillet! You could easily do chicken or steak and this is super easy to make paleo, keto, whole30 approved etc.! I love taking the leftovers with some lettuce for a fun taco salad lunch.
Check out more of my Mexican faves here.