Skin care has always been a big issue for me. It took me years to finally figure out how to combat my adult acne and I was scared once I was pregnant it was going to be a whole new ballgame. Things definitely changed, I am using new products but I’m happy to share that I’ve found an easy, affordable and clean skin care routine that works, whether you’re pregnant or not! Tried and true, this has been tested for about 5 months now and I’m excited to share my Pregnancy Safe Skin Care Routine with you guys!
I started struggling with my skin around my late teens and it really took a turn for the worst in my early to mid-twenties. It was awful. I really dive deep into what worked in this Hormonal Acne post, and trust me I know how frustrating bad skin can be. That’s why I’m always careful with what I share on here regarding skin. I will never just post something because it’s sponsored, I want to share what truly works and what I think is worth the money. My pregnancy safe skin care routine is no different!
Like I mentioned above, I will never just share things willy-nilly! I’ve been using this skin care routine since January and I’m very happy with all the products. They are not drugstore pricing, but they are also not insanely expensive. I’ve only had to repurchase one item so far, so they also last a while! It’s also a quick routine, so I’m optimistic that I can continue this routine even with a newborn (fingers crossed!).
SHOP MY PREGNANCY SAFE SKIN CARE FAVORITES:
- Eminence Daily Cleanser – I start with this cleanser, morning and night. It’s gentle yet effective and smells great! I am so happy with this cleanser. A little bit goes a long way. All of Eminence products are organic and you can feel good about using them. If you head to the site, it breaks down all the ingredients and their benefits. It’s so interesting to see all the natural ingredients at work!
- Eminence Eight Greens Serum – After washing my face, I follow up with this serum both morning and night. The only time I skip it is when I’m using my self tanner serum (more on that below). From the site: Eminence Organics Eight Greens Youth Serum nourishes and revitalizes the look of your complexion. The Biocomplex formula features vitamins, Coenzyme Q10 and alpha lipoic acid to hydrate and fortify, while paprika invigorates, promoting a youthful appearance. Soothing lavender oil calms and replenishes moisture to deliver a smooth, supple feel. The biggest benefit I see from it is fighting breakouts. If I skip this for a day or two, I notice more breakouts popping up. It truly works! I did have to repurchase once, so it doesn’t last as long as the wash but 100% worth it.
- Isle of Paradise Self Tanner – My all time favorite self tanner, and it’s on major sale! This face + body combo is such a great deal, seriously don’t skip this offer. I have not had the chance to use the body lotion yet, but the face drops have been part of my routine for over a year now! It’s so simple to use, just add a few drops to your moisturizer and apply to your face and neck. This set has no self-tanner smell, doesn’t turn you orange or look streaky. If you want to see how I use them, head to my Instagram (@RileySitton) and look for my ‘Self-Tanner’ Highlight tab. Once or twice a week, I apply this in the morning. I like to let me acne serum from above really do its work at night, so I use this during the day! If I am using this, I skip my other Eight Greens serum.
- Ordinary Caffiene Solution Eye Serum – I am still shocked this serum is only $7! This caffiene serum goes on before I apply my eye cream and the smallest drop goes a very long way. It helps with tightening and dark circles. I use both morning and night.
- Nivea Eye Cream – The other half of my under $10 eye duo is this Nivea Eye Cream. I swear by this stuff and it’s only $1. I love it so much, I actually have a full blog post talking about it. After applying the serum, I put a good bit of this under each eye, enough to make my undereye look white. I let it sit for a few minutes and then gently dab it in. I do this both morning and night!
- Herbivore Bakuchiol – This little serum is a pregnancy safe, retinol alternative made from blueberry stem cells. Crazy right? I use this in the evening to help with tight skin, fine lines and overall better appearance. I miss my botox, but this is a great close second.
- Summer Fridays Mask – I love this lightweight mask. I actually apply and leave it, but you can wipe it off as well. I use it once or twice a week, depending on how dry my skin is. It is made with so many natrual ingredients and gives you a soft, plump glow. A very little goes a very long way, so start small!
It’s such an easy and quick routine, which has been a lifesaver while pregnant because I’m often so tired in the evenings. I’m so glad to have found a safe routine I can feel comfortable with, but as always talk to your doctor about trying any new products! If you have any questions, let me know below!
| Star Robe |