Chicken is a staple in our house, so I’m always looking for new, fresh and easy ways to prepare it. A couple of weeks ago, our grill was out of propane and I ended up having to make this on the stove. It turned out to be easy and delicious + a quick clean up. A new favorite in the Sitton household, perfect for the main star of dinner, shredded for a salad or even a fresh take on tacos! You’ll fall in love with this One Skillet Chicken Breast, too.
We’re big Mexican food fans in our family and this chili lime one skillet chicken breast is no exception. It’s easy, fresh and tangy – the perfect Summer superstar. Our original intention was to grill it, but it worked so well in the skillet that I keep making it that way! Easy prep, easy clean up, perfect for Summer nights or meal prepping.
Lately, I’ve been making a big batch and shredding it to eat during the week. I love throwing it on a salad with this black bean corn salsa or as a quick lunch break option I’ll make some tacos topped with black beans and avocado. We’ve also been stocking up on frozen street corn from Publix and it makes a delicious side dish.
Chili Lime Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Limes Juice of 3 Limes + Wedges for Serving
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breasts Thawed, Raw
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken breasts
- Add chicken breasts and let marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
- Spray a large skillet with a non-stick spray and heat over medium heat for a minute or two
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, saving the marinade
- Allow chicken breast to cook 3-4 minutes or until one side is slightly browned, flip & repeat
- Pour in marinade and bring to a slight boil
- Reduce heat to medium low, simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve
See how easy this One Skillet Chicken Breast is?! You honestly don’t even have to measure the spices but I know some people enjoy having all the details so I wanted to include measurements.
If you try this recipe, be sure to let me know! I included a couple of photos of one of our favorite ways to eat this for dinner. We do brown rice, this black bean corn salad, a chicken breast and avocado. It’s super simple and so delicious.