I think it’s the perfect way to set a tone for your upcoming year without a list of intimidating goals. I like to choose a word that can be incorporated into many aspects of my life and that will help me grow and mature as a person.
This year, I found a word that I think will play off of my 2018 progress and help me reach many goals.
Without further adieu my word is..
So why did I choose discipline? Last year my word was Consistency and I think it was a great start for the changes I’m making in my life. As I’m getting older, I needed help staying more consistent in my routines, my work and in my life. I definitely achieved this goal of developing routines but this year I wanted to work on the discipline to stick to them, discipline to do what’s right for best self and discipline to be the best I can be. It’s kind of like a New Year’s reslotuion but also a simple way to better yourself throughout the year.
Here are a few ways I’m going to incorporate discipline into different aspects of my life.
I want to use discipline to help me achieve more happiness, restfulness and less anxiety. I’m a big ‘Yes‘ person (if you can’t tell by my blog name ha!) and I find that I can get overwhelmed. I want to use discipline to say no more often. I also want to use discipline to help me create more routines at home giving me more time to relax and unwind with my family. I also want the discipline to spend more time with those who truly matter. I shed some toxic relationships in 2018 and I feel so fresh moving into the New Year. I want to continue this and spend all my possible free time in the best ways.
In 2018, I definitely made strides towards a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. While I changed in many ways, I still need more discipline to fully reach my goals. I’m excited to build off the progress I started and better myself more this year. I also want to have more discipline in my eating habits. I learned so much about what my body needs for fuel, what foods are awful for my PCOS and what helps my body function but I wasn’t that great at sticking to these things all the time. I want the discipline to feed my body what it needs and stay away from what it doesn’t.
Now that you know why I picked discipline, here are a few ways I plan on completing these goals:
- I started BBG again this week! I’m so excited for round 2 of this workout. If you missed this journey last year, I have lots of posts about it under my ‘health‘ tab. I love BBG because it’s 3 x 28-minute workouts that you do a week. They are doable but achieve SO much. I started on Saturday and I’m still sore on Wednesday. It’s tough but the results are amazing. Since I travel for work so much and work from home other days, I like having a workout plan I can do at home.
- We are starting Whole 30 tomorrow! I am very nervous about this and I don’t know how it will play out but I’m excited to try. I’ll have a full post on why we’re doing this, our plan and more.
- I finally set up my little office! As you can see above, it’s not 100% ready but so, so close. I love having a desk area to keep me organized.
- I also have been working on my little workout area. As you’ve probably seen I have this pink treadmill and I LOVE it. Having one at home makes working out so much easier. I also added this workout bench and a few other things, I will have a full post on this soon!
- I also plan to stop doing so much during the weekend. I have learned that I need a lot of downtime and rest to stay sane, something that has definitely changed as I’ve gotten older.
A few other small, personal resolutions and goals for this year:
- Be more organized and smart with my time.
- Stay ahead of the game, plan more and do less.
- Send out weekly emails again with blog updates and exclusive content – sign up here!
- Stop letting my closet get so messy during the week – WHY IS IT SO HARD TO HANG UP CLOTHES?!
- Spend more time outside with the dogs.
- Eat less dairy.
- Go to bed earlier.
- Post on my blog 3 x a week, even when I have a very busy week.
- Pitch myself to more brands that I already love and hopefully bring you guys more partnerships, coupon codes and more.
- Be better at staying on top of my DMs and comments.
As cheesy as it is, I love the idea that a new year brings! A fresh start, the feeling of hopefulness, the possibility of so many possibilities! I usually hate January, but I am going to embrace it this year. What is your new year’s resolution or goal? Do you pick a word to live by? I would love to hear it below! Thanks for all your support last year, I’m excited to see what this year holds. XO