October Twenty Third. Here again! One of my favorite days of the year. No, not just because it’s the perfect excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast, drink a lil’ too much rosé with friends and laugh the night away with RJ.. oh wait that’s exactly why!
The past birthdays and years have been filled with so many amazing memories, it’s almost scary to go into a new one. It’s a little insane to think that 25 can be any better than 24, but I thought the same thing last year. Twenty four, the year we got married, bought a home, travelled to Europe, made new friends, made new memories, started new jobs, accomplished goals. It’s all too great, I’m too lucky, too blessed.
Anyway, before you want to punch me in the face for being too gushy, I have to think each and every one of you. My life truly wouldn’t be the same without this little corner of the internet and I’m so very happy to share this journey with you guys. May this year be as much fun as twenty four.
But today, I’m sharing my Birthday Bucket List! Twenty five things to do while I’m twenty five. Lezzgo —
1. Try something new. I figured this was an easy enough place to start. I tend to be a creature of habit, so maybe it’s a new food, a new workout, a new hair style.. who knows?!
2. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon. I think I already know where this one is going to happen and I’m SO excited.
3. Learn to say ‘No’ when necessary & accept maybe (sometimes) I really can’t do it all. I’m the queen of saying yes (please ha!) but sometimes I stretch myself too thin and then nothing gets accomplished. I want to spend 25 doing less things, better.
4. Find a way to get closer to my readers IRL. Maybe this is through meet ups, monthly events, more IG lives, but I will figure out a way!
5. Explore more of Europe. Last year we went to Italy on our honeymoon and I fell in love. As much as I just want to go back to Italy over and over again, I really want to explore more of Europe (and maybe Asia too!).
6. Watch less TV. It’s hard because we get sucked into shows, but this year I want to spend more time doing new things or put that time towards things I already do!
7. Become a ‘Big Sister’. No, not a real big sister! The volunteer type. I’ve already applied, so positive thoughts and prayers that it works out. This is something I’ve always wanted to do but somehow used to selfishly slip to the back of my to do list.
8. Drink less Coffee. & Find something healthier to drink in the morning.
9. Take RJ to California. I’ve travelled to California a lot since I was a young girl and I love it. I have a lot of favorite spots that I would love to share with RJ. He’s never been to California, so I think it would be fun to show it to him.
10. Become a Better Photographer. Luckily my BFF Nat is helping me with this and looking back at old posts it’s like night and day but I often get lazy and just shoot on my iPhone which is crazy because I have a camera!
11. Start + Continue my YouTube channel. I’ve wanted to do this for too long but tbh video freaks me out! I am filming my first video this week so stay tuned.
12. Unplug More. I want to get better at scheduling things, posts, etc. so I can unplug some when I need to! Digital media is my job so sometimes it’s hard, but I know I can get better at organizing my time.
13. Find more ways to give back. To those in need with volunteering, donating and prayer. To you guys with more giveaways, helpful and relatable content and goodies!
14. Be More Consistent. This was one of my New Year’s resolutions and while I think I’ve improved, I still have a way to go.
15. Develop a Routine that I stick to 100%. I want to become a morning person and follow through my routine every morning.
16. Take more girl’s weekends/girl’s trips. Another with my Melmama, one with my mom, one with my best friends.
17. Improve my Spanish. Also on my NY Resolutions, I have a dream to one day be fluent.. maybe this is my year!
18. Go to Canada. I would love to go to Canada this time next year. It looks soooo pretty, seriously like something out of a picture! I would love to ride a train all across Canada.
19. Give Up Dairy. I have done it once before and I was so much healthier, my body was so much happier. It’s hard though because I love ice cream and I love cheese boards. This may stay at the end of my list. 😉
20. Finally Complete Whole 30. I’ve always wanted to do this, to reset my body and see how I feel grain + dairy + alcohol free for a whole month. I’ve tried before and failed, this is my year!
21. Do More Things for the Pups. They’re pretty spoiled but we often neglect time we could be spending doing something they love (no more choosing brunch instead of taking them for a hike), I want to give them what they want while they’re still young enough to enjoy it!
22. Create a Cookbook. Even if it’s just a personal one, I want a physical book that holds all my favorite recipes and maybe even some from my family’s cookbooks.
23. Learn to Let Go (a Little). I’m pretty anal about planning, hate surprises and not good at going with the flow. This year I want to loosen up some and take things as they come.
24. Get Better with Money. I am not the best at saving money but I’m seriously working on it. I want to be able to save more money this year.
25. A Big Secret Project. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but I finally think I can do it. I don’t want to say too much but hopefully will get to share with you all this year!!
I seriously can’t explain how grateful I am for everything that has happened this past year. I am surrounded by the most incredible family, friends, and virtual fam (you guys!!). Everyone is so supportive of all my crazy ideas. I actually cried shooting these photos, thinking about how much this blog and you guys mean to me, thinking about how sad I am to say goodbye to 24 I seriously feel like nothing will ever top it.
Finally, I have to give a HUGE THANKS to my bestie Natalie Caho for helping me take these photos, eat an ice cream sundae with me at 9 am and crying with me in public. You da best. Y’all probably remember Natalie when she co-blogged with me here some earlier this year, she now has her own Lifestyle + Mommy blog & she is an incredible photographer if you need engagement, wedding or lifestyle shoot done. She all here amazing-ness here.