Loyal Yes, Please readers know I love cooking and that involves hording appliances and gadgets. I needed to justify my shopping habit with a full kitchen appliance review. If you’re new around here, check out my digital recipe book here.
No time to read? Click here to Pin this Post for Later!
From my dorm life to married life – I’ve collected, tried, fallen in love with, and thrown away PLENTY of kitchen appliances. Luckily for you, I’ve done the dirty work and I’m sharing my tried and true (plus a few that rarely get dusted off) kitchen appliances, ranked from least favorite to favorite!
KITCHEN APPLIANCE REVIEW:
7. Breville Compact Juice Fountain – I bought this during a moment of delusion. I was convinced I was going to wake up and juice every morning. LOL. It does work well and at $100, it’s a reasonable price in terms of juicers but I just don’t ever use it . It’s big and bulky, takes forever to clean and you need SO much produce to make one cup of juice. I wish I was the type of person to make fresh juice every morning, but I’m just not.
6. George Foreman Grill – This is only so low on my list because we now have a grill and use that 99% of the time, but my college days- this was my BEST FRIEND. If you do not have access to a grill, live in an apartment, or just enjoy cooking inside, I love this grill. It is great for chicken, burgers, paninis, veggies, really any item you would typically grill. It’s easy to use and the plates are removable for quick clean up. I swear this thing kept me from becoming a junk food monster in college.
4. Ninja Food Chopper – We’ve had a food processor for a while, but since recieving this at our wedding, I feel like I reach for it way more. It’s smaller, easier to use and cleans easier. I use it to make homemade pesto, hummus, whipped feta dip, and so much more! It’s really convient and small, so it would be perfect for any size storage!
3. Slow Cooker w. Digital Timer – This is probably one of our most used appliances, especially in the Fall & Winter. It’s so nice to dump whatever ingredients in and have a meal ready at the end of the day. Especially soups and chilis! I prefer one with a digital timer, as you can set the cook time and then it will keep it warm until you’re ready to eat. This is great if you want to put something in before work and won’t be able to come turn it off mid-day. See all our favorite slow cooker recipes here.
2. Kitchen Aid Mixer – This was at the top of our wedding registry and I’m still obsessed with it. I love to bake and this makes things so much easier + it has other attachments for savory meals and is so wonderful at easily shredding chicken! We love using this attachment to make homemade pasta, it’s so fun and delicious! I also got this Glass Bowl and I think it’s so cute if you keep your mixer on the counter + I use the silver bowl for baking and then I don’t have to wait for the bowl to be clean to put it back on the stand.
1. Ninjafoodi – This device claims the number 1 spot because of how multifunctional it is, while still being easy to use and easy to clean. This is an airfryer, instapot, crockpot and more all in one. You can cook frozen chicken in about 20 minutes, and it’s actually delicious. Tender, moist and crispy on the outside. If I had to name any cons to this, it’s one of our larger appliances and has to stay on the counter all the time. Besides that? We LOVE it.
I wanted to throw in our Keurig for honorable mention. We received a new one for Christmas last year and it has been wonderful! The new version has a built in milk frother and it is so easy to use. It can turn any of your favorite milks or creamers into a delicious at home treat. If you’re in the market for a new Keurig, I highly recommend this one.
Do you have any of these appliances? How would you rank fall on your kitchen appliance review? I think that most of them (minus the juicer) are greater and really depend on what stage of your life you’re in, if you enjoy cooking, and how much storage you have. XO
| Polka Dot Skirt Set *15% off with code ‘YESPLEASE15’ |