‘Tis the Season to be merry & filled with holiday cocktails! The season is flying by and as I get older I see the need for holiday cocktails is real. I was chatting with my mom yesterday about how much time, effort and money goes into Christmas! It’s all stuff you don’t realize when you’re younger but now you can appreciate everything your parents did for a magical Christmas!
In honor of Friday, I have a short post with a few holiday cocktails to try and a unique, easy and festive way to serve them!
I wanted to find a fun way to serve holiday cocktails for this weekend. True to Yes, Plz fashion I also wanted it to be cheap & easy! I found these clear, empty ornaments at Hobby Lobby and thought they would be the perfect container. While you probably can’t drink from the small opening, it’s perfect for serving and then having them pour into a glass. If you don’t have martini glasses, you could make a big batch of cocktail filled ornaments, serve them in a batch in a pretty container and then have guests empty into a plastic cup.
What you need-
- Martini Glasses (Mine are from Target, Dollar Tree also has some!)
- Clear Ornaments (I found these in the Craft Section of Hobby Lobby)
- Drink of Choice
How to Prepare-
- Prepare a large batch of your cocktail of choice, place in a pitcher that has a spout for easy pouring.
- Wash out the ornaments, let them dry.
- Pour your cocktail into ornaments and replace the lid/hook.
- Place in a cocktail glass with your garnish of choice and enjoy!
*You could also make ornaments in large batch ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to serve!
Need helping picking which cocktail to make!? Here are FIVE of My Holiday Cocktail Favorites:
- White Christmas Margaritas // These are made with coconut milk making them lighter than a traditional margarita. Beware- they may make you miss Summer and book an impromptu trip to Mexico.
- Winter Sangria // I love a Sangria for a party because it’s dump and go! Perfect if you’re trying to perfect your skill of hostess with the mostest.
- Cranberry Moscow Mules // You may remember this cocktail I created last Christmas. I love it because it’s fresh, festive and can be made in a large batch- perfect for parties!
- Apple Cider Old Fashion // I love warm apple cider, if it’s spiked I’m in heaven! My mom’s favorite drink is an Old Fashion so I’m going to whip this one up for her while I’m home for Christmas!
- Cranberry Mimosas // This is what I have in my ornament above! It’s one of my favorite party cocktails because it’s cheap, easy and everyone loves a glass of champs!
Do you have a favorite holiday cocktail?! You have to let me know! If you try this fun way of serving your drinks please tag me on Instagram (@RileySitton) & #OhYesPlz so that I can share. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! Be sure to check back tomorrow, I will have a Saturday post for you babes. XO