Chicken wings are one of RJ’s favorite dinners, but I was always intimidated to cook them. One day he convinced me to buy some but I made him promise to grill him. Well, it’s quickly turned into one of our favorite Summer dinners! These easy Grilled Chicken Wings are easy, delicious and sure to be on rotation in your home, too.
The best part of these grilled chicken wings is the very little prep work. Summer to me screams lazy meals and more time outside – these follow under both categories! Plus, they’re delicious and you can mix-n-match your sauces for whole family happiness. We usually do half buffalo and half lemon pepper (with this delicious and healthy dressing, I’ll share below!) but you can do whatever your family prefers!
The trick for these easy grilled wings, is to throw them on the grill naked! Yes, just a little salt & pepper then start cooking. Once they’re almost done, pull them off and toss in some of your sauce(s). Then put them back and finish cooking them on the grill. This really seals in the flavor + makes them so crispy. After they’re fully cooked, toss in more sauce and enjoy. Easy, peasy!
Grilled Chicken Wings
- 12 Buffalo Wings I usually eat about 4-5, the rest for RJ. Adjust as needed, but note you may need extra sauce
- Sauce(s) of Choice
- Start with raw, defrosted chicken wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat, until almost cooked through about 12-16 minutes.
- Remove from grill. In a small bowl - toss in a small amount of sauce (You must throw away sauce after tossing, since wings aren't fully cooked)
- Return to grill and finish cooking (about 3-5 minutes)
- Once finished, toss in remaining sauce and enjoy!
See how easy these grilled chicken wings are?! They can also be keto or Whole30 compliant, depending on what sauce you choose. We have a full list of our favorite, healthy sauces in this blog post. Both the Lemon Garlic and the Honey Mustard are so good on the wings! The BBQ sauce is also a great keto friendly option if you want something traditional, yet not spicy.
If you try this recipe, you’ll have to let me know what you think! It’s seriously one of our favorites. It also pairs so well with our crispy okra recipe.