I pride myself on being a generally happy person. I think it’s just a quality I was born with, but I also think I work on making it stronger. Nothing makes me happier than being happy. I tend to see the glass half full and find the silver lining in most things. But with that being said, some days I just can’t. We all have bad days, what’s important is not getting trapped in those dark times. I wanted to share a few Easy Ways to Create Your Own Happiness.
No time to read? Click here to Pin this post for later!
When I’m having the bad days, I have to step back. I have to physically force myself to try and be happier. I think working towards this, no matter how hard you don’t want to, pushes you through those dark times and makes you feel better.
Remember, when days are bad, this can take a lot of effort. Keep pushing through, it’s worth it! Hopefully after time you will be able to create your own happiness with ease, out of habit!
FIVE WAYS TO CREATE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS:
- Learn When to Say No.This one is a tough one for me. I am the queen of saying yes (if you couldn’t tell by the name Yes, Please ha!). I’m a people pleaser through and through but lately I’ve learned pleasing yourself is so important. Ever heard the saying ‘You must fill your glass first before you can distribute to others.’? It’s kind of like when you’re on a plane and you must apply your oxygen mask before helping others. You’re useless if you can’t breathe. Help yourself and you’ll be better suited to help others. So how does this make you happier? I find myself the most anxious, stressed, and unhappy when I’m overcommitted. Evaluate the opportunity/request/task/question before answering.
- Adjust Your Perspective. One day I listened to this podcast about anxiety. It talked about how anxiety can push you to work harder, try new things, and create personal growth. This truly resonated with me. One day, I decided I could apply this perspective to any aspect of life. Just as I found the positives in such a horrible situation such as anxiety, you can find a positive in almost any situation. Next time you’re having a bad day, stop and find at least one good thing that came from your problem or situation.
- Treat Yourself. No this doesn’t mean buy a million things (although, that does get tempting!). If you are having a bad day, give yourself a treat. One of my favorite ways to treat myself is by grabbing my favorite blanket, lying in bed with Doodle on my lap, and watching something like Friends, The Office, or Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I then tell myself, after this my bad day is officially over and I have to force myself to not dwell in self pity.
- Turn Off. When you’re having a rough day, scrolling through everyone’s highlight reel on social media can just make things worse. Instead, turn off your phone and head outside, do something productive or just read a book.
- Connect. Opposite end of the spectrum, sometimes my bad day just needs a listening ear. Calling my best friend, mom or grandma can quickly turn around any grey cloud. Even if I don’t call to discuss the details, just chatting helps get my mind off of things, see what’s really important and feel like myself again!
Click Here to Pin this Post
How do you create your own happiness? I hope you find happiness in every single day, even if it’s just something small! XO
| Happy Sweater |