It’s the *almost* officially Summer and I couldn’t be more excited! One of my favorites part of summer is enjoying our back porch, I love spending every possible second out there with RJ and the pups. If I had it my way, I would grill everything we ate. Lately, our favorite easy, grilled dinner is Naan Bread Grilled Pizza!
This is one of our favorite dinners for many reasons. It’s easy, cheap and delicious – if it could just be carb free, I would never eat anything else! I also love that they are basically personal pizzas, so you can put whatever you’d like on it!
RJ loves a classic meat pizza, while I like to try untraditional toppings. My favorite summer combo is pesto, grilled peaches, goat cheese, and arugula! It’s the best combo of salty and sweet, it’s making my mouth water right now!
If you don’t have access to a grill, check out this post on how to make them in the oven.
- 1 package of Naan Bread (our package usually has two pieces of bread)
- 1 Jar of Sauce (red, pesto, Alfredo, bbq, etc.)
- Toppings of Choice (I'll share some combo ideas below)
- about 2 TBSP of Oil of Choice (We use spray Avocado Oil)
- With your grill on medium heat, lightly coat both sides in oil and grill for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you like a very crunchy crust, grill slightly longer.
- Remove from grill, cover in sauce and toppings.
- Lower heat, replace the pizzas on the grill and lower lid.
- Once the cheese is melted, Enjoy!
*if you are adding grilled peaches, which I highly encourage, you would quarter them and grill while you are grilling the crust!
A few of my grilled pizza favorite combos:
* BBQ Sauce, Shredded Chicken, Cheese, Ranch
* Pesto, Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula
* Pesto, Grilled Shrimp, Avocado
* Pesto, Grilled Peaches, Goat Cheese, Arugula
If you try any of these combos or new combos, I would love to hear about them! This is such an easy dinner, it takes less than 15 minutes + we have fun while doing it. XO
ps. you guys maybe know that I try to follow my Kinda, Keto Lifestyle and I’m sure many of you are wondering how this fits in with it. If I know we’re having this for dinner, I make sure to eat very low carb for breakfast and lunch. I also will not eat the whole pizza, I will make some veggies to go with it and topping it with arugula helps fill me up on veggies, not carbs. But at the end of the day, eating half a pizza isn’t the end of the world. I like to find balance and it keeps me from totally breaking my lifestyle. Lately, I’m also trying to eat gluten free so I’m currently looking for a gluten-free alternative! I’ll be sure to share on IG Stories when I find one.