When I think Thanksgiving, I think ooey gooey casseroles and pumpkin pie but this year I wanted to bring something new to the table. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love a cheese board, so I thought why not jazz up our Thanksgiving with an Easy Cheese Board starring my famous Two Step Apple Butter Brie.
Are you drooling yet? Me too!
If you are my close friend, you may be getting sick of my go-to easy cheese board. But it’s so easy and so good, I can’t help but make it for every special occassion! Sure a cheese board works without my apple butter brie BUT it truly is the star of this show and so worth the extra two steps. I’ll share the recipe below + a few tips for creating the perfect beauitful, delicious, easy cheese board.
See how simple this two step apple butter brie is?! The instructions are a little more than two steps because I wanted to really break it down for you but it’s basically top with apple butter and heat! If you are from Chattanooga, there is an adorable apple orchard on Signal Mountain that sells homemade apple butter and pumpkin butter that is DELICIOUS. I highly suggest grabbing some (and some apple cider and their apple crumb cake) and usHering it. If not, you can also find apple butter by the jams at the grocery store.
Now that you have the star of your easy cheese board, time to jazz up the rest of it! Here is my go-to grocery list:
- Two Soft Cheeses – the brie can count as one, I love goat cheese as the second. Provide a cheese knife for easy spreading!
- Two Medium/Hard Cheeses – we usually do a cheddar and gruyere. Don’t forget to thinnly slice before plating so they’re easy to grab
- Crackers – I like to do a variety of three crackers
- Fruit – Apples are always a must for me, I also love grapes but for thanksgiving I’m doing pomergranate!
- Meat – I could go vegetarian on my cheese board and be so happy but I know rj loves some meat. Good options are pepperoni, salami, prosciutto
- Something Salty – artichokes, olives, pickles, pickled okra
- Something Fun – I like to add something to make it really stand out (it’s chocolate turkeys this year!)
Have fun arranging it! I like to group similar things together – like apples by the brie, a sweet cracker by the goat cheese, etc.
If you try this recipe or create an easy cheese board, please tag me so I can see! If you want more cheesy goodness, check out my Cranberry Brie here.