If you’ve been a long time reader, you probably remember my bar carts from our first home. They were fun, playful and youthful! I loved switching things out for each holiday, and I mean each holiday. (see some of the previous bar carts here) When we moved into #HomeSweetSitton, our bar cart moved from our dining nook to an area in between our living room/kitchen. I decided it was time to have a more grown-up, gender-neutral bar cart. BUT still, make it fun and full of character. Meet our Eclectic, Boho Bar Cart.
I was able to take this corner in the back our living room and create a cozy nook perfect for hosting, playing records or just looking like a major cutie. Recently I found this rattan chair for only $20 (!!) on Facebook Marketplace and our little nook was complete.
Below I’m sharing the basics of our bar cart, but I still like to add a few pieces that represent us or that I can switch out for major holidays. A few cheap ways I like to add major character:
- Find sticks in your yard or buy from the grocery store, place in a vase. This adds height, freshness, and character without the added cost and time of switching out flowers weekly.
- Save your corks! I linked a similar wood bowl below, I use ours to collect corks. Now that we have a ton, I only keep the special ones. I write what the occasion was and what date we celebrated on.
- A cute frame and fun photo! This is something I haven’t added yet but is on my list. We have so many fun photos that I don’t necessarily want on our wall or in our living room, so I’m going to frame one on here! I think maybe one from our trip to Switzerland.
- Save favorite bottles. Bottles that we drink on a special occasion, that I think are cute, are our favorite, or have been gifted- these are my favorite to save and display on the bar cart.
- Add little trinkets from travels or that means something. You can’t see it in this photo, but I picked up a small, ceramic cross while traveling to Cabo last year.
I love adding unique pieces with a story behind them. It is a great conversation starter when hosting! Shop our boho bar cart basics below:
| Acrylic Bar Cart | 1. Bull Skull | 2. Record Player | 3. Tassel Coasters | 4. Gold Bar Kit | 5. Set of 8 Votive Holders | 6. Set of Capri Blue Votives | 7. Coffee Table Book | 8. Gold Rimmed Cupe Glass | 9. Kate Spade Polka Dot Shaker | 10. Wooden Bowl |
I was also able to find a similar peacock rattan chair, sadly not $20, but still affordable! You can also grab a similar marquee light. Ours is from our wedding and I love that we were able to reuse it! I would love to see your bar cart! Tag me on Instagram stories (@RileySitton), so that I can see and repost! XO