Sometimes getting older is so funny. You start getting excited about the craziest things. Recently one of my ‘little joys’ that I never would have gotten excited about as a child but makes me over the moon now– dupes for my favorite foods.
Like this Copycat Iced Almond Milk Macchiato from Starbucks, it’s easier, cheaper and healthier! #OhYesPlz. After discovering that one, I’m on a mission now to find dupes for all my favorite foods!
This week, I’ve duped Amy’s Organic Burritos. Well kinda. Mine aren’t organic, but they taste better. Not only do they taste better but they are SO much cheaper. It’s kinda like Taco Bell’s Bean Burrito and Amy’s Organic Burritos had a much tastier burrito baby.
Anyway, these have been on repeat in our kitchen lately. They are so easy to make and are microwaveable, so I can take them to work or reheat when I’m in a pinch! It only takes about 20 minutes to make a whole batch (8 filling burritos!) and they weigh in at 250 calories each, making this girl a very happy señorita. Not to mention you only need 5 ingredients!
Black Bean Burritos
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Can of Refried Black Beans
1 Bag of Uncle Ben’s Instant Spanish Rice (cooked according to directions)
1 Can of Enchilada Sauce
1 Can of Diced Green Chilis
8 Medium Sized Tortillas
D I R E C T I O N S
1. In a large, microwaveable bowl combine cooked rice, refried black beans, green chilis and enchilada sauce
2. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring at every minute interval
3. Place a couple spoonfuls of this mixture in each tortilla. Roll into a burrito or fold into an empanada
4. In a large skillet, spray with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray) and cook each side for 2 minutes on medium
5. Enjoy or store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to eat! (If reheating, cook for about 1 minute in the microwave)
You could add so many things to these burritos (think chicken, onions, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, this list goes on!) but honestly you don’t need to at all! They are so delicious. If you’re having trouble rolling your burrito, put all the filling on the first third of the burrito, fold in the sides and then roll up!
If you try these you have to let me know what you think. I love creating easy, healthy and delicious recipes like these for you babes! xo