Dogs can blog too & nothing makes their tummys’ rumble like the Beef n Bacon Pupcakes! If you are like me my golden is my child, so naturally I had to celebrate his first birthday. Complete with swimming, 14 other pups, and lots of slobber, the only thing missing was the birthday cake. I found this simple & cheap recipe on pinterest and it was absolutely perfect for the four legged furballs.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar of beef baby food (or any smelly flavor that your pup enjoys)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Stir flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Cream together the butter, oil, baby food and eggs.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet mix, and then stir in the bacon bits.
- Pour into a line cupcake tin
- If desired, sprinkle a light layer of bacon bits on top as a frosting substitute.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when lightly poked. Oven times may vary.
We took the extra step and made frosting as well, super easy 1 tup of whipped cream blended with 1 jar of peanut butter! (Actually we ate a bunch of the frosting, too. It was so YUMMY)
The recipe makes 12 cupcakes and whole birthday party was a complete success. Even if its not a special occasion who doesn’t love a cupcake. WOOF