One thing that has changed over the years is my morning alarm, 5 am used to be reserved for early morning trips but now it’s an everyday thing. I know it sounds crazy, but it’s the only way I can get everything done in a day! Getting a productive start in the morning sets the tone for the whole day, especially if it’s on a Monday.
Being in your twenties is a weird time, you’re an adult but you still feel like a teenager. The career world is a whole new place and things can feel out of whack, starting the day with a clear, happy mind helps make (a little) more sense of things.
1. Don’t Snooze. Pressing snooze can throw off your whole day. You don’t have enough time to go through a full REM cycle when you snooze, leaving you groggy and more tired than if you woke when you were supposed to! Plus, waking up on time will help you have a calm, relaxed morning and a less stressful day.
2. Hot Lemon Water & Collect Your Thoughts. Monday is a fresh start to a great week. Grab a cup of hot water with fresh lemon and sit down to review your agenda. This will help you be prepared for the week ahead. Be sure to schedule some ‘me time’ –think dinner with your bestie, the park with your pup, a hot bath + face mask combo or even a fresh manicure. Giving yourself something to look forward to during week will help you work harder.
3. Work it Babe! Hit the gym. Even if you just head out for a walk or your hardest workout yet, it will set the pace for a healthy week. If you’re having trouble getting pumped up, find a fun hip hop playlist, it always help wake me up.
4. Listen to a Motivating Podcast. I have recently become obsessed with podcasts. I love listening to them in the morning, they help create the perfect mindset for the week ahead. A few of my favorites are the Gary Vee Show, Lady Lovin’ and Damsel in Dior.
5. Treat Yo Self. When all else fails, know you have a nice glass of wine waiting for you when the day is over. Even if wine isn’t your thing, give your self something to look forward to after work, nothing feels better than crossing the finish line on a long Monday.
Waking up at 5 wasn’t fun at first, honestly the first week was miserable but overtime it got so much easier. You just have to drag yourself out of bed and chug, chug, chug coffee. When you’re trying to get your body used to your new time schedule, try not to nap or drink coffee too late in the day. If your so tired your first Monday you wake up early, you will go to bed earlier and each day it will get easier! Also, on the weekend I try not to get my schedule too out of whack, sleeping in has become 7 or 8 am.
I linked a few Summer faves I have been eyeballing below. The distressed jeans would be soooo cute with the studded block heels (linked below!), a cute tied up tee + a fun clutch! Perfect for a Summer night out.
Soon to be Summer Wish List:
*Scroll through for more details, you can also click any image to shop directly!