If you follow along on Instagram, you may have noticed from my stories that I am OBSESSED with GG crackers. Like took them with me out of town obsessed. They’re pretty simple but also come with a lot of questions. Don’t worry, today I’m going to give you the 4-1-1 on these addicting crackers + 10 fun ways to eat them.
Scandinavian GG Crackers
What are they? Well, they are crispy, pretty much flavorless, 20 calorie crackers. They are larger than your normal cracker though. They are about the size of a small slice of bread. Not only do they only have 20 calories but they also have 4g of fiber, 2 net carbs and are fat free.
What do they taste like? Nothing. They really don’t have a flavor, it’s more of a texture thing which is a huge plus. They are crispy and take on the flavor of whatever you are eating. So if you want something sweet, you got it. Something savory, no problem. Since they’re crispy, they are the perfect healthy (& easy) alternative for toast, bread, tortilla shells, chips, etc.
Why do you eat them? I’m not going to lie, I was a little confused what the hype was behind these crackers. A few of my favorite bloggers had been raving over them and I was expecting some miracle cracker that was the most delicious thing ever. Wrong. It doesn’t have a flavor like I said above, but once you top it with something, it’s great! So I enjoy eating them for two reasons, they are easy to eat with almost anything (seriously, I had trouble limiting this post to 10 recipes) and they are low calorie yet keep you full all day. When I eat these for breakfast, I notice myself eating less all day.
Where do I get them? So far I’ve only seen them at Whole Foods or Amazon. I order mine off Amazon because it’s easier to get them in bulk especially since I eat so many. My friend did mention that the Amazon ordering was a little confusing. The packet looks small on the listing but each pack contains 12 crackers. So if you order a 5 pack, you’re actually getting 60 crackers!
I’ve been eating them for about 3 weeks now and I’ve already found over 10 ways to enjoy them, gotten family and friends hooked and reordered from Amazon three times. It’s a real addiction and now I’m here to share the fun with you!
1. TACOS // I’m starting with tacos because this is one of my favorites. This was such an easy dinner and I was so happy. We made ground turkey with taco seasoning (taco night post coming soon!), refried black beans and shoepeg corn. I layered all these on my crackers with avocado, lime juice and tomatillo salsa.
2. Cream Cheese + Turkey + Banana Peppers // This is a great and easy on for lunch! You could add some mustard or dijon mustard & lettuce for an extra kick. I use Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese and it’s fantastic!
3. OPA! Greek GG // My mom is obsessed with all things Mediterranean right now and she definitely inspired this one. Start with your favorite hummus, top with chick peas, black olives, roasted red peppers, artichokes, onions, feta cheese (any or all of these!) + a drizzle of taziki sauce. #OhYesPlz
4. Cream Cheese + Avocado // Simple and delicious. One of my favorite breakfasts. I also use the Kite Hill Cream Cheese for this!
5. Mini Pizzas // The perfect simple snack or paired with salad for a great dinner. I love using tomato sauce, Daiya dairy free cheese + turkey pepperonis. I also love adding black olives to mine.
6. Hummus + Hard Boiled Eggs // Another breakfast favorite. A spoonful of hummus, one sliced hardboiled egg (bonus for a soft yolk!) + a dash of salt & pepper. SO GOOD.
7. Avocado Egg Salad // Great for breakfast or lunch, I mash half an avocado with two hard boiled eggs. Top with Trader Joe Chili Lime Seasoning. The avocado makes it just as creamy and delicious as traditional egg salad, yet no mayo!
8. Elvis’s FAVE – Peanut Butter + Bananas + a Drizzle of Honey // Breakfast or Dessert or anytime in between. This combo is out of this world.
9. Cream Cheese + Fig Jelly (Or Fruit Spread/Fruit of Choice) // A sweet & savory combo makes this baby heaven! I also use the Kite Hill Cream Cheese for this! If you haven’t tried fig preserves they are incredible on a cheese board. You could also top this with fresh raspberries, so yummy.
10. Peanut Butter + Dark Chocolate Chips // One of my favorite after dinner delights as of late. This combo is so sweet-y good without the guilt!
You have to let me know if you try GG crackers and what you think! Especially if you try any of these recipes, I would love your feedback. Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@YesPleaseDaily #OhYesPlz). I’ll keep y’all updated on new ways I enjoy them, stay on the look out on my IG stories. Thanks so much for stopping by. XO